- We follow the Nevada State Guidelines.
- Please check in at the Visitor Center. You can walk or drive to the Visitor Center.
- Our Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The Park is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Guided Polaris Tours are available Wednesdays through Sundays with prior reservation via 775-482-9274. Very limited availability.
- Please bring water, wear comfortable walking/hiking shoes, and dress appropriately. We are at an elevation of over 6,000 feet on the side of a mountain. You will be exposed to sun and high winds.
- Our staff is dedicated to your safety and will clean facilities daily. We are providing hand sanitizer upon your arrival.
Experience the Tonopah Historic Mining Park~
The Tonopah Historic Mining Park is located on the site of the original mining claims that started the rush to Tonopah, making it “Queen of the Silver Camps”.
Jim and Belle Butler’s strike in 1900 brought the United States into the 20th Century, and many of the mining processing techniques developed during that time are still being used today.
The park encompasses portions of four of the original major mining companies and covers more than 100 acres. This rich history is brought to life through preserved and restored equipment and buildings, historic exhibits, video presentations (in our on-site theater), and a self-guided tour. Learn More…
Take a look at our new brochure!